My cosmetic empties for the year 2013

The year 2013 has come to an end and it's time to throw out the old ,ring in the new, do a little introspection and make new resolutions and have lots and lots of fun.I have the habit of shopping for a lot of cosmetic items which I may or may not use and then it just sits on my cosmetic and bathroom shelves gathering dust,grime and what not. So I decided to do an inventory of exactly how many things I use in a year. Yes these are my cosmetic empties for the entire year.




These are the things I managed to finish fully... I am weird I don't throw stuff till it is fully used and empty and I do mean fully. I go to extremes to remove the last swipe of lip balm. So I am thrifty there but when it comes to shopping... sigh I spend like crazy.... I never have to worry about the minimum amount to shop online ever cause I always shop in hugeeee amounts.
So I wanted to consciously see that out of all the things which I buy how much do I manage to finish fully and make a list of products which I found worth buying again, worth trying once and to stay away from.One observation is that I have managed to finish 8 skin toners,2 body lotions, only 1 sunscreen,a few sheet masks,wipes and a lot of hair products and two perfume bottles.Makeup products I just fully finished 2 kajals one Lakme eyeconic and the other Maybelline colossal kajal... both fantastic kajals and three lip balms...






My strong recommendations which I always repurchase

Nivea Pure deo: mild fragnance and gives long lasting protection against boVLCC rose water toner: I love this calm and gentle toner and it has a pleasant rosewater smell
Olay body wash ribbons: I have finished so many bottles of this in many years. I have tried a lot of different soaps and body washes from various high end brands but this is the only body wash I end up buying again. the one in the pic is not the empty one...(it got thrown out earlier)
Nex care pimple dots: must have for those battling acne. You put it over your pus filled pimple at night, sleep and wake up to the pimple being smaller and just a mark.
Cool and cool charcoal nose strips: I just love it!!!
Maybelline baby lips: They are extremely moisturizing and come in different colours
Lakme eyeconic and Maybelline colossal kajal
Body shop cotton pads
DKNY Red delicious
L'oreal and Schwarzkopf products for hair

Stay away from
Nexcare cleansing pads: In concept it is nice. A self foaming cleanser in a face scrubbing pad...but it is too scratchy to be used on your face... 
I didn't like the face masks I used

Note: I have included the products which I have finished fully and not the products which are almost empty, will get empty in 4-5 uses etc. All products bought by me with my own money except the lakme peach milk moisturizer.

Comments

  1. you used up so many!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen so good to hear from you... Yes these are the completely used up products... thanks for sharing your giveaway.

      Delete
  2. Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website
    with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information.

    I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Terrific blog and wonderful design and style.



    Feel free to surf to my website: image skin care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your views so feel free to write to me.

Popular Posts